Characteristics of the Fish
- Smoked White Cedar and Alder savory flavor
- Ready to Eat – Fully Cooked Wild Coho Salmon
- Boneless smoked coho salmon strips
- Includes 5 lbs of 1/2 lb vacuum sealed packs
Details of Harvest and Seasonality
Suggested Cooking & Holding
- Serve with cheese and crackers [olives, caper berries, grapes and tiny pickles optional]
- Mixed with cream cheese for a smokey savory spread on baguette or bagels
- Cucumber bites with dill cream cheese and smoked salmon garnish
- Flat bread or homemade smoked salmon pizza with arugula, goat cheese and salt cured seeded black olives. Using a prepared crust, add goat cheese, smoked salmon and olives, drizzle generously with olive oil and bake according to crust recipe directions. When done immediately add arugula, splash of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar and salt & pepper to taste. Cut into easy to eat portions and serve while still warm. Variation: Substitute fresh thin sliced fennel bulb for olives.
- Smoked coho salmon frittata with chives or green onions. In a oven safe skillet brown 1 cup of diced potatoes in hot oil, melt 1 tbs of butter into the potatoes, add 6 beaten eggs whipped with 1/2 cup of cream, add 1 cup of smoked coho, 1 cup of shredded cheese, 1/4 c. chopped chives or green onions, salt and pepper to taste then bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 18-20 minutes until slightly brown on top and eggs have risen indicating fully cooked.
Variations on Classics:
- Whipped into deviled eggs. A little goes a long way.
- Use as a substitute for bacon in a basic carbonara recipe. Used smoked coho instead of bacon requires additional oil added to the pan while warming up the smoked coho to be added to the dish.
- As a luxurious filling for puff pastry;add gruyere cheese and smoked salmon in layers, secure filling, and bake as directed according to store-bought pastry or homemade recipe directions.
- Remove fillet from the heat and allow it to rest for 4 minutes before serving.
Amanda’s Serving Suggestions
- Smoked Coho Salmon can be added to salmon tartar to enhance the texture and flavor of a basic tartar or spicy raw salmon recipe.
- Smoked coho salmon can be added to cobb salad in place of bacon.
- Smoked coho salmon can be eaten directly out of the package.
- Smoked Salmon can be used in place of ham or bacon in eggs Benedict.
- Creamed Smoked Coho Salmon over toast is an excellent breakfast, lunch, dinner or after party meal [hangover prevention]. Prepare basic cream sauce with cream, milk, butter and flour then add 1/4 lb smoked coho salmon and warm through serving immediately over toast with fresh black pepper.